It's been a week of wonderful events that I must share:
1. Kyle got a job at Rhodes College in Memphis. Awesome school, awesome job, awesome city where we already have awesome friends. The news comes in a time of a terrible recession where you are lucky if you don't lose your job. So we are happy but also deeply grateful for being so fortunate.
2. I had a bird poop on my coffee-mug. Thank God it was covered and I didn't get any excrements in my actual drink. It was in fact a Rhodes cup that the bird pooped on AND it happened before Kyle heard about the job. I had chosen to interpret the event as a good omen, which it totally was.
3. I planned and successfully executed Kyle's surprise 35th birthday party. It was so stressful and I almost-blew it a couple of times, but it was all good in the end. Kyle says he got suspicious twice but never enough to really know there was something going on. Last night we celebrated with pink champagne, massive amounts of pretzels and, of course, cup-cakes.
4. I got a Pierre Cardin chiffon shirt for $3 at the Goodwill. Did someone say SCORE!?!!
5. Every time we start packing up to move I am reminded how many fantastic friends we have and how much I am going to miss them when we move. This time around I am getting sad to leave Jill, Joe, Caro and John behind. But that's the best kind of sadness, isn't it?!
Please share our Good Things either on your blogs or in the comment section below. Please do so, especially if you are having a crappy day. I swear it will totally cheer you up.